All Nuclear Engineering students, in good standing, are required to meet with the NE advisor, Amanda Lovelace, yearly. Students are to be advised in either the fall or spring semesters, depending on the student ID number. Even ID numbers are advised in the fall, before spring registration and odd ID numbers are advised in the spring, before summer or fall registration. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule these meetings, when prompted by e-mail from the advisor.
All engineering students are required to be advised every semester.
Freshmen should visit Engineering Advising Services to schedule an academic program planning session or learn about additional services.
- Select and follow the curriculum based on your catalog year.
- Use the information from your DARS report and write required courses on the Academic Plan Sheet for the next two semesters. Indicate any classes for which you received a grade of C- or lower.
- Make an appointment with the advisor, using the e-mail prompt from Grades First. Bring your academic plan and DARS report with you to the meeting.
Students are required to maintain a cumulative grade point of at least 2.0 in all nuclear engineering courses taken at UT Knoxville, used to satisfy graduation requirements. No more than 4 credit hours of nuclear engineering courses in which a C- or lower is the highest grade earned may be counted toward graduation. This is in addition to the university’s graduation requirements.
Advising Contact Information
316 Pasqua Engineering Building
- Academic Calendar http://registrar.tennessee.edu/academic_calendar/index.shtml
- Banner DARS – look in Academic Resources in http://myutk.utk.edu
- Center for Career Development http://career.utk.edu/
- Hire-A-Vol http://career.utk.edu/hire-a-vol/
- Undergraduate Catalog http://catalog.utk.edu/
- MyUTK http://myutk.utk.edu/
- Student Success Center http://studentsuccess.utk.edu/
- Study Abroad Office http://studyabroad.utk.edu/
- Engineering Professional Practice http://www.coop.utk.edu/index.html
- One Stop Student Services http://onestop.utk.edu
Important Dates in the Academic Calendar
• Be aware of drop/add dates and other deadlines, especially financial deadlines
• Be aware of drop/add dates and other deadlines, especially financial
• Attend Study Abroad Fair
|September – November:
• Schedule appointment with advisor to plan for Spring
• Attend Study Abroad Fair hosted by Programs Abroad Office
• Attend Fall Job Fair hosted by Career Services (September)
• Attend Co-Op Fair hosted by Engineering Professional Practice(September)
|February – March:
• Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor to plan Summer/Fall
• Attend Spring Job Fair hosted by Career Services(March)
• Attend Co-Op Fair hosted by Engineering Professional Practice (March)
|October – November:
• Register for classes once eligible
|March – April:
• Register for classes once eligible (summer and fall)
• Final exams
• Final exams