All Nuclear engineering students are required to meet with the NE advisor, Dr. Ron Pevey yearly. Students are to be advised in either the fall or spring semesters. Students on academic probation or not in good standing (GPA<2.0) shall meet with Dr. Upadhyaya each semester. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule these meetings so that registration holds are released.
All engineering students are required to be advised every semester.
Freshmen should visit Engineering Advising Services to schedule an academic program planning session or learn about additional services.
Students who have progressed out of Engineering Fundamentals should contact Associate Professor Ronald Pevey to schedule an advising appointment.
- Use the information from your DARS report to fill out the Advising Flowsheet. Mark each of the classes that you have NOT taken (you can find this by marking each class that shows up as “Needs” from the printer-friendly DARS version).
- Mark up the next two semesters from the Academic Plan sheet. Indicate any classes for which you received a grade of C- or lower.
- Make an appointment with the appropriate advisor. Bring both sheets with you to the meeting.
Normal Advising Office Hours
Monday: 1:00–4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 1:00–4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00–4:00 p.m.
Friday: 1:00–4:00 p.m.
This schedule can be frequently overridden by meetings, student defenses, etc. It is safest to make an appointment by e-mail. Fall semester advising should be completed by the end of April.
Students are required to maintain a cumulative grade point of at least 2.0 in all nuclear engineering courses taken at UT Knoxville, used to satisfy graduation requirements. No more than 4 credit hours of nuclear engineering courses in which a C- or lower is the highest grade earned may be counted toward graduation. This is in addition to the university’s graduation requirements.
Advising Contact Information
|Primary Nuclear Engineering Advisor||Students on Probation|
|Dr. Ron Pevey
213 Pasqua Engineering Building
|Dr. Belle Upadhyaya
209 Pasqua Engineering Building
- Academic Calendar http://registrar.tennessee.edu/academic_calendar/index.shtml
- Banner DARS – look in Academic Resources in http://myutk.utk.edu
- Career Services Center http://career.utk.edu/
- Undergraduate Catalog http://catalog.utk.edu/
- MyUTK http://myutk.utk.edu/
- Student Success Center http://studentsuccess.utk.edu/
- Study Abroad Office http://studyabroad.utk.edu/
- Engineering Professional Practice http://www.coop.utk.edu/index.html
- One Stop Student Services http://onestop.utk.edu
Important Dates in the Academic Calendar Fall/Spring
• Be aware of drop/add dates and other deadlines, especially financial deadlines
• Be aware of drop/add dates and other deadlines, especially financial
• Attend Study Abroad Fair
|September – November:
• Schedule appointment with advisor to plan for Spring
• Attend Study Abroad Fair hosted by Programs Abroad Office
• Attend Fall Job Fair hosted by Career Services (September)
• Attend Co-Op Fair hosted by Engineering Professional Practice(September)
|February – March:
• Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor to plan Summer/Fall
• Attend Spring Job Fair hosted by Career Services(March)
• Attend Co-Op Fair hosted by Engineering Professional Practice (March)
|October – November:
• Register for classes once eligible
|March – April:
• Register for classes once eligible (summer and fall)
• Final exams
• Final exams