Join us for a virtual ceremony celebrating the achievements of the Class of 2020! Hear from faculty, staff, and alumni as they recognize this important milestone in the lives of our graduates.
Virtual Ceremony Schedule
- Welcome by Wes Hines, NE department head.
- Address to graduates by Alumni
- Lou Qualls is the national technical director director for molten salt reactors for the US Department of Energy’s Office of Nuclear Energy and also serves as the reactor technology integration lead for the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Reactor and Nuclear Systems Division. Lou is a three time graduate of our Nuclear Engineering Department earning his Bachelors, Masters, and PhD.
- Jamie Porter is section supervisor and senior radiation effects engineer at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab in Laurel, Maryland. She is also a three time graduate of the department and our first female African American to earn a PhD in Nuclear Engineering.
- Graduation, calling of names
- Congratulations from Jamie Coble, NE assistant department head
- Congratulations from faculty and staff