Assistant Research Professor
- Active Interrogation
- Neutron Scattering Instrumentation
- Neutron Imaging
- Radioactive Waste Characterization
- Nuclear Decommissioning
PhD, Nuclear Engineering, Oregon State University, 2016
MS, Nuclear Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2012
BS, Nuclear Engineering, University of South China, 2010
2019-2021 Research Scientist, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2017-2019 Research Assistant Scientist, University of Florida
Awards and Recognitions
2021 UT Nuclear Engineering Research Excellence Award
Select list of publications. For the full list, view his Google Scholar page.
- T. Chen, H. Yu, X. Wen, C. Redding, T.J. Hajagos, H. Zhao, J.P. Hayward, C. Yang, Q. Pei, "A plastic scintillator based on an efficient thermally activated delayed fluorescence emitter 9-(4-(4,6-diphenyl-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)-2-methylphenyl)-3,6-dioctyl-9H-carbazole for pulse shape discrimination measurement," Adv. Optical Mater., vol. 9, pp. 2001975, 2021. Available: https://doi.org/10.1002/adom.202001975.
- Britt, X. Wen, H. Qi, J.P. Hayward, "Directionality for wearable, closely packed radiation detector arrays," Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res. A, vol. 986, pp. 164708, 2021. Available: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2020.164708.
- M.E. Montague, C. Delzer, X. Wen, K.C. Goetz, D. Shedlock, J.P. Hayward, "Radiation hardness characterization of LKH-5 scintillating glass," Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res. A, vol. 982, pp. 164551, 2020. Available: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2020.164551.
- X. Wen, J.P. Hayward, "Time resolution measurements of EJ-232Q with single- and dual-sided readouts," IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., vol. 67, pp. 2081-2088, 2020. Available: https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2020.3010469.