The success of UT’s Department of Nuclear Engineering (NE) to foster an enriching community relies on the ability of departmental events and programs to engage students, faculty, and staff. The success of many of these events and programs depends on the voluntary activities of our student body. To reward these important services and to encourage continued leadership and excellence, the department has established a Nuclear Engineering Service Awards Program.
This program will utilize a monthly nomination process and internal review committee to select both undergraduate and graduate outstanding service leaders. The selected awardees will receive a $500 award from the department. Four awards will be distributed to both an undergraduate and graduate student each academic semester across four months. Awards include a certificate to be presented at the department colloquium or another event that allows us to recognize our honorees.
- be a current undergraduate or graduate student within NE,
- demonstrate exceptional leadership, initiative, and service to NE and its faculty, staff or students,
- be nominated by an NE faculty, staff or student,
- not have won a service award during the current academic year.
To nominate a candidate for this award, the nominator must submit a 200-500 word recommendation letter detailing:
- the nominee’s exceptional service contribution and
- the impacts of the service contribution on the department
Nominations must be sent to Marisa Hipsher (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business on the third Friday of the month (September, October, November, January, February, March, April). Selections will be made by a committee appointed by the department head. Awards will be made towards the beginning of the following month.